To workaround this issue you’ll need to jump into the registry to enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). This is usually deployed via Group Policy on a domain network, so you may want to check with your network administrator first.
As usual, be careful editing the registry.
- Start > Run > gpedit.msc
- Navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/Network Connections
- Disable the following policies:
- Prohibit installation and configuration of Network Bridge on your DNS domain network
- Prohibit use of Internet Connection Firewall on your DNS domain network
- Prohibit use of Internet Connection Sharing on your DNS domain network
- Require domain users to elevate when setting a network’s location
- Start > Run > regedit
- Locate Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Network Connections
- If this key doesn’t exist, it may be disabled by means other than group policy.
- Add/update a registry DWORD entry for the following, and set it to 1;
Thanks to Jeff for the find.
doesn´t work on windows 10
Worked perfect on windows 7
it worked for Win10
This worked for wifi, but when I revert to Local Area Connection, I get the same “Internet Connection Sharing has been Disabled by Network Administrator” message.
Not sure how to proceed!
This worked on windows 10. Although I did not have to alter anything on registry. Only changed group policy and it worked
Thank You GUY.
It worked for me in Windows 10 Pro.
Thanks a lot!!!!
Worked for me in Windows 7. Thanks!
Registry worked on Win10. Thanks!
Instructions to empower Internet connection sharing, as a matter of first importance, open up the Start menu right tap on PC and tap on the oversee choice once the PC administration window opens up double tap on administrations and applications and proceeds onward to administrations in the center sheet find the internet connection sharing select
Perfect works for windows 10
This work perfectly with Windows 10.
Thank you so much
Thanks Man.. This works for me in windows 10.
Thanks worked for me in Windows 10.
That worked like a charm, thank you so much.
after windows no Network Connection option available what to do please help me
Worked great thanks..
Thank you! It works in Win 10!
it work on windows 10 Pro update July 2019, Thanks!
It works on win10, thanks
It work in a windows 10 enterprise (1809) equipment, without touch the windows registry
Worked great on my Windows 10 laptop. Thanks!
Thank You So Much! I tried a lot but now works great with your help!
Well. I had to disable this because Windows kept opening that URL in my browser when I connected for some reason. I’m not sure why. Now I’ve figured out how to solve this issue. Thank you for sharing.